Daily Photos & Frugal Travel Tips

17 Dec

The South Parterre, Versailles

South Parterre Versailles


The South Parterre


The design of the South Parterre, providing a view of the Piece d’eau des Suisses (Lake Of The Swiss Guards), was changed several times. From 1687 to 1701, bronze statues stood there (they were moved).

The two ramps known as the Cent Marches (Hundred Steps), flanking the Orangery to the east and west, can be seen from the balustrade looking south.



Leave a Reply

© 2018 Daily Photos & Frugal Travel Tips | Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)

GPS Reviews and news from GPS Gazettewordpress logo