(as per sign)
Piazza San Marco
Piazzetta dei Leoncini
This takes its name from the two small lions (Leoncini) in red marble (1722).
At the far end stands the neo-classical structure of the Patriarch’s Palace, built in 1836-1850 to designs by Lorenzo Santi. To the left is the church of San Basso (1676) and to the right the north wall of St. Mark’s Basilica, adorned with splendid carved marble decoration (Porta dei Fiori).