(as per sign)
Piazza San Marco
The original twelfth-century building of only one storey housed the Procuratori di San Marco, high-ranking state officials. Over the period 1500-1532 the structure was entirely rebuilt, with the scheme involving some of the most important architects active in Venice at the time: Mauro Codussi, Antonio Scarpagnino, Bartolomeo Bon the Younger, Guglielmo de’ Grigi and Jacopo Sansovino. Today the building houses offices.